Delicious and nutritious:
- Contain more potassium than bananas, foods high in potassium can help reduce your risk of stroke and lowers blood pressure
- High in healthy fats, monounsaturated fat helps to keep your heart healthy
- Good source of essential vitamins and minerals, including fiber, vitamin K, B5, B6, C, and folate
- Help you feel full and satiated
Avocados on toast, in a salad, in salsa, on a sandwich or in a smoothie. A great way to start your day!
Egg & Avocado Toast
- ¼ avocado
- whole grain bread toasted
- 1 Egg
- Add egg to skillet and prepare your favorite way (I like mine over easy)
- In a small bowl mash your avocado and add salt and pepper to taste and spread over toast
- Top with prepared egg
This delicious, easy, and nutritious breakfast will provide you with a great balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats that will satisfy and keep you full.
Do a body good, add avocados to optimize your diet.
Written by: Mariah Long Iowa State, Dietetics Major, Junior -2016
Others you may like
Here is a common question I hear: I’m having trouble distinguishing between wanting to work out because I like to, and feeling like I have to work out because of what I’ve eaten. The concept that we have had drilled into our head is to work out for the purpose of burning calories. Yet, if…
I don’t know about you but I seriously dislike the idea of “exercising”… in the traditional sense, that is, like going to the gym and hitting the machines, hard core! Sometimes the gym feels tormenting and every minute feels like an hour. There are many forms of moving that are healthy! Some people do…
FREE HEALTH QUIZ
Is a nutrition deficiency hampering your health?
The first step in addressing health issues is to understand what your symptoms are telling you. This quick quiz will help begin to shed light on the true root of your challenges.