Delicious and nutritious:
- Contain more potassium than bananas, foods high in potassium can help reduce your risk of stroke and lowers blood pressure
- High in healthy fats, monounsaturated fat helps to keep your heart healthy
- Good source of essential vitamins and minerals, including fiber, vitamin K, B5, B6, C, and folate
- Help you feel full and satiated
Avocados on toast, in a salad, in salsa, on a sandwich or in a smoothie. A great way to start your day!
Egg & Avocado Toast
- ¼ avocado
- whole grain bread toasted
- 1 Egg
- Add egg to skillet and prepare your favorite way (I like mine over easy)
- In a small bowl mash your avocado and add salt and pepper to taste and spread over toast
- Top with prepared egg
This delicious, easy, and nutritious breakfast will provide you with a great balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats that will satisfy and keep you full.
Do a body good, add avocados to optimize your diet.
Written by: Mariah Long Iowa State, Dietetics Major, Junior -2016
Others you may like
Many of my clients walk in the door hurting. They are plagued by feelings of guilt and shame for eating too much, too little, eating ‘bad’ foods, feeling out of control. Every single person says, “I know what to eat, I just don’t know how to do it.” They are constantly thinking about food in…
Shame on you! How dare you eat that slice of pie! This is so bad for me…well, there goes my diet, all my hard work… I’m such a weakling…I’ve got no willpower…I’m breaking the rules…oh well, I may as well have another piece. Well, it’s what you’re thinking when you eat something “bad,” isn’t it? …
FREE HEALTH QUIZ
Is a nutrition deficiency hampering your health?
The first step in addressing health issues is to understand what your symptoms are telling you. This quick quiz will help begin to shed light on the true root of your challenges.