Delicious and nutritious:
- Contain more potassium than bananas, foods high in potassium can help reduce your risk of stroke and lowers blood pressure
- High in healthy fats, monounsaturated fat helps to keep your heart healthy
- Good source of essential vitamins and minerals, including fiber, vitamin K, B5, B6, C, and folate
- Help you feel full and satiated
Avocados on toast, in a salad, in salsa, on a sandwich or in a smoothie. A great way to start your day!
Egg & Avocado Toast
- ¼ avocado
- whole grain bread toasted
- 1 Egg
- Add egg to skillet and prepare your favorite way (I like mine over easy)
- In a small bowl mash your avocado and add salt and pepper to taste and spread over toast
- Top with prepared egg
This delicious, easy, and nutritious breakfast will provide you with a great balance of protein, carbs, and healthy fats that will satisfy and keep you full.
Do a body good, add avocados to optimize your diet.
Written by: Mariah Long Iowa State, Dietetics Major, Junior -2016
Others you may like
The American Heart Association Go Red for Women campaign has a mission to promote healthier lives, decreasing risk factors of cardiovascular disease and stroke, the number one killer of women. We were able to take part in the Go Red for Women event with 300 attendees here in Ames, Iowa. We partnered with…
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. It takes me literally 5 minutes to throw together. It is inexpensive, quick, nutritious and so delicious. Anyone who tastes it, asks for the recipe – you know that’s a keeper!I use an immersion blender which cuts prep and clean up time. In fact, I strongly recommend…
FREE HEALTH QUIZ
Is a nutrition deficiency hampering your health?
The first step in addressing health issues is to understand what your symptoms are telling you. This quick quiz will help begin to shed light on the true root of your challenges.